RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Slide very slow moving in and out have greased all pulleys.

Customer Question
Slide very slow moving...

Slide very slow moving in and out have greased all pulleys

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

1998 damon 35 ft daybreak

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '98 RV?

Class a damon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried greasing and works a bit better but still choppy and slow doing myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How hard to fix

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
1/7/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I would be checking the battery voltage at the batteries, many sliderooms are wired directly to the battery. Make sure all the cables are clean and tight. The voltage should not be dropping below 11.5 volts when you are trying to run the slide, if the voltage is dropping off I would have the battery load tested to make sure it is in good condition. Most auto parts or RV stores can load test the battery for you to make sure it is good that is the best test that can be done to see if the battery is bad or not.

Hope this helps some, If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert