RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2013 Flagstaff Series M-8528rkws 5th wheel and are…

Customer Question
We have a 2013...

We have a 2013 Flagstaff Series M-8528rkws 5th wheel and are having trouble connecting a direct tv dish to the receiver for the tv. It is a 2 tuner type direct tv receiver but can only get one of the tuners connected. The 2 coaxial cables run from the outside of the RV to the inside and one hooks direct to the receiver and works correctly. The other one goes to a small electronic control panel along with 2 other coaxial cables and another wire. Do you have any drawings or information on this panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

I don't understand what the car has to do with the 5th wheel??

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Flagstaff yourself? What have you tried so far?

We plugged in the two coaxial cables that come from the direct tv satellite to the two connections on the outside of the rv. Only one of these does send a signal to the direct tv receiver. We think the other one sends its signal to the electronic module that is inside the rv tv cabinet. The second signal that goes into the module does not then send the signal on to the receiver. Do you have any information on this electronic module. A drawing or something would be much appreciated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No please connect us.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 day by:
1/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris