RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I'm measuring 0.2 Ohms across the limit switch leads of my…

Customer Question
I'm measuring 0.2 Ohms...

I'm measuring 0.2 Ohms across the limit switch leads of my Atwood AFSD 16121 A furnace that came stock in our 2015 Aliner. Is this a bad switch?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2015 Aliner Ranger 12

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve pulled the furnace from the Ranger (not an easy feat) and am bench inspecting. Symptoms of problem: heater works normally for first 15 mins then continues to blow cold air thereafter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

Your last message not relevant. Are you a real person?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
1/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​he easiest way to really tell is to test it under load by bypassing it. Are you sure that there are no restrictions in any of the ducts and that all vents are open? Have you checked the LP working pressure at the tank regulator recently as low pressure will cause a lean burning condition and overheat the furnace which can trip the limit switch or burn it out. Do yo have the Atwood Service Manual for this? If not, I can get you a copy. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!