RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Im having a problem with my Atwood tankless hot water

Customer Question
Im having a problem...

Im having a problem with my Atwood tankless hot water heater. It is changing from hot to cold to hot . Does this have temp sensor on it that could be bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

I guess I'm not sure where to look for the sesor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2015 bayhill by evergreen

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't replaced anything yet . Just took the shower head apart and check it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope just the temp changes all the time

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
1/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok

I​t can be, but these are very fussy about water flow and pressure and the LP pressure. Most of these are very temperamental and I don't sell them in my shop for that reason. The only one that seems to work well all the time is made by Precision Temp and sells for about $1,100 or so. Hard water is also a problem as it causes calcium buildup in the lines and that affects the water flow and pressure. Try adjusting both of those and see if this corrects the problem. Let me know what happens and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our one time fee.

Is there away to adjust the water flow?

U​sually done at your taps and with water pressure. Do you have the User's Manual for this?

I'll have to look though it tonight

I am attaching a copy for you. See that section on adjustment of the modulating valve. http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/waterheaters/IOM-ODWH-90222-07-09-13.pdf

J​ust checking back in to see if you were able to find the problem on this?