RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Heater starts and runs to desired temp after temp drops does…

Customer Question
Heater starts and runs...

Heater starts and runs to desired temp after temp drops does not restart

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No repaced batery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

1996 dutchmen classic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i ordered a thermostat but i havent replaced it yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If i turn thermostat off then wait and turn on unit works ok until desired temp is reached but will not restart after temp drops the turn back off and on it will restart

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
1/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This could be a few things, the thermostat, circuit board or possible the high limit switch. Since you have a thermostat I would go ahead and replace that and see if it corrects the issue. IF you still have the same problem then I would have the circuit board tested out, most RV shops have a special board tester and can tell if the board is bad. IF the board test good then possible the high limit is preventing the unit from working until it cools off. IF you can get me the make and model of the furnace I should be able to provide you a service manual on this.

Please let me know if you need more help, follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m still waiting for the thermostat to com in

Thanks for the update.... Robert

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 23 days ago

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic