RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Does this water system have a sacrificial anode. Models 4E &

Customer Question
Does this water system...

Does this water system have a sacrificial anode. Models 4E & 10E to help prevent corrosion

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

It's a 2012 Cougar High Country 291RLS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Taken drain plug out only

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
1/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

N​o. Atwood doesn't use them due to the tanks being all one piece aluminum. When the water is extremely hard it can still damage the tank after some time. Best to keep it drained and flushed on a regular basis in this case. Hope that proves helpful here. Please see the attached link for a copy of the Atwood Service Manual. Print that out so you have it. If you need more, please respond as there is no time limit on any follow ups. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf

I agreed to the initial debit of $5 AU but I noticed I have been charged an additional $36 AU for which I am not happy. Please re-imburse my a/c as this was not an agreed debit. Yours, Michael Hinks

I​ believe the $5 is shown as an initial deposit with the rest due upon an answer by a technician. Nevertheless, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee here so I will put this in for a refund. Please read the entire page in the future.

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification