RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We have a 2003 American Tradition. Our ecu that controls the…

Customer Question
We have a 2003...

We have a 2003 American Tradition. Our ecu that controls the fan for the ac for the driver on the coach is burned out. The service center that worked on it said that it has 2 circuit boards in it and one side is burned out. Being told that there is no after market replacement. Can't find one at a salvage yard. Is there a company that might be able to repair?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes, The service center gave us a part number for the ecu that is Denso #(###) ###-#### Can't find one that's why we are looking for a repair company

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 RV?

Fleetwood American Tradition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have had it at a repair center Transwest in Belton MO, Fixed several things and they are the ones that are telling us that They can't replace the part or find and aftermarket parts.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 2 days by:
1/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On our motor home we have an ecu for the a/c fan on the chassis side. I have attached pictures. This is a 4 x 4 box with 4 legs on it and it connects directly behind the a/c fan knobs. we are being told that it has 2 circuit boards in it and one is burned out. The a/c controls will not work. Since we can't find a replacement or an aftermarket part we would like to know if this could be repaired by a circuit board repair person. Do you know of any company or repair person that can do this. The few that we have asked will only response with this is a manufacture part. Another question we had the clock spring replaced on the smart wheel and now our windshield wipers will not retract back to the center. When we shut off they both go to the outside of the windshield. Block the mirrors.
KIMG0096.jpegKIMG0096.jpegKIMG0093.jpegKIMG0093.jpegKIMG0092.jpegKIMG0092.jpegKIMG0094.jpegKIMG0094.jpegKIMG0095.jpegKIMG0095.jpeg

I am sorry but I can not find wire diagrams to match your model. I will have to opt out.

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic