RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2007 Fleetwood Providence 40E. It has an outside…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Fleetwood Providence 40E. It has an outside kitchen that contains a sink with a submirsable pump to move the drained water to the gray tank. The fuse shorted out and I replaced it with the same fuse. However, now there is no power to the pump. I cannot locate where there might be another fust that also may have shorted. I did check the pump and it still works when I apply 12v dc to it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

There is no power at all to the fuse under the sink.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am trying to trace the cable back to the secondary fuse but cannot locate it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is about it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
1/5/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Did you check the switch for the pump and see if that has power into it?

And sometimes, it is a bad ground lead that is the problem.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

Just an FYI. On the Providence with an outside kitchen, there are 2 fuses. The 5 amp fuse is under the outside sink, lower left hand corner that is spliced into the cable running to the sump pump. There is a 10 am fuse that controls both the outside sump pump and the fresh water pump. That was the one that I was missing.

Ok........so all fixed now?

complete the job yeaterday.

Thanks for letting me know! Be safe..........

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic