RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Water tank is leaking from floor above the lp tank just need…

Customer Question
water tank is leaking from...
water tank is leaking from floor above the lp tank just need to know where to access this compartment I have looked all around cannot see it
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​ would start by calling Fleetwood Customer Service at(###) ###-####and give them your FIN number and have them e-mail you a complete set of plumbing diagrams for this coach. That would show you the layout and then we can discuss the access and possible causes for any leak. Water tanks rarely leak. Usually the plumbing fittings as the lines themselves are pretty durable as well. Get back to me when you get those and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

I have the diagrams

So you have the tank location. Just trying to access the lines? They never plan on having anything break on these. When it does, it can be a challenge to get to things. What is around the tank in this situation?

Kitchen floor above the tank frame on each side basement floor with LP tank mounted under basement floor

So it sounds like it is accessed via one of the compartment bays and usually you have a panel you remove to get into that area. Are you certain that the leak isn't from up under the sink area?

I am sure it not from the sink

Just checking. More often than not it is not necessarily where you see the water leaking out on the ground.

Is the fridge close to that area? If so, be sure it isn't the valve for the icemaker or fridge drain.