RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Am working on a 7fgu25 Toyota forklift and it is on gasoline…

Customer Question
Am working on a...

Am working on a 7fgu25 Toyota forklift and it is on gasoline and it don't have any power any suggestions

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Industrial Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am have not done much at all yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?

Changed air filter and fuel filter

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
The motor will speed up just like it is supposed to in the netural position but when you start up the ramp with a load on it it just loses all power and the same while working the hydraulics
1/5/2018
RV Mechanic: spankyjr1, RV Mechanic replied 7 months ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is this something that happened all of a sudden?

Do you always run on gas?

How long has it been running like this?

let me know

First I would do a compression check, if all cylinders are low below 90 psi I would check timing belt/chain for jumping a tooth

If only 2 cylinders are low and other 2 are above 100 psi It would be a blown head gasket

Otherwise it would be a fuel issue

Start by running new gas through it to see if power returns

if okay check fuel pressure should be 5-10 psi if low check fuel pump

if that's okay rebuild carb probably a sticking float

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

always on gas and it just seams to get worse when it warms up it is not quite as bad no miss at all in the engine just loss of power under load

Thanks for the info

You would still diagnose by following the steps I outlined in previous post, I will post them again below

when a head gasket blows between cylinders they still fire just not as well so you don't really hear a miss you just have low power and slow response.

same with jumped timing belt/chain and same with fuel pressure no direct miss just low power.

Also make sure you do not have bad gas try running from a separate source of known good fuel

First I would do a compression check, if all cylinders are low below 90 psi I would check timing belt/chain for jumping a toothIf only 2 cylinders are low and other 2 are above 100 psi It would be a blown head gasketOtherwise it would be a fuel issueStart by running new gas through it to see if power returnsif okay check fuel pressure should be 5-10 psi if low check fuel pumpif that's okay rebuild carb probably a sticking float

Rating does not close the question and does not cost you anything more

the money you already paid was to just answer, just answer only shares

with expert with a positive rating.