RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a E450 V10 motor home after sitting several months,

Customer Question
I have a E450...

I have a E450 V10 motor home after sitting several months , it has a po705 code ,no problems driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

The code ispo750 I have not reset code

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes all I have done is check for codes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
1/4/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the code P0705 of P0750 as your showing both above?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Po705

Thanks for that I just wanted to make sure.This is a code for the digital transmission range sensor signal fault.Below is the diagnostic procedure that has to be followed to pinpoint the faulty component.In most all cases it is the transmission range sensor needing to be replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3c56xzp2a2pz3y1/tr-01-04.pdf?dl=0

This sensor is located on the outside side of the transmission where the shifter shaft connects to as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nbe2hcrt1oaym6/trs-01-04.png?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician