RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

It is on a mobile grooming van...the brushes have been

Customer Question
It is on a...

It is on a mobile grooming van...the brushes have been changed...slip rings rotor and stator all good...still stops running periodically in the middle of a groom...

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

It's a grooming van...Dodge Ram van 3500...2001...could it be the control board? How much does that cost? It is a Marqui 7500 gen...with 5000 hours...time for new gen? My guy tells me I should get another 2000 hours

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the RV Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced bad brushes, checked slip rings rotor and stator...all good

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
1/4/2018
RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

I don't know...can you just give me some advice for my $29...The model number is ***** relevant
No calling..I have been very clear..give me your advice...I have already paid $29
If I dont get an opinion, I will be posting a grievance with this website...I have given you enough [email protected]

I can't help you if I don't know which model it is.

Each model has its own unique characteristics.

HGJAE

1. HGJAE is a model series - it is only a partial model number. There are 9 variations of it. I need the full model number.

2. Does your truck happen to be a Wag'n Tails conversion truck?

3. While the unit is running, does it seem to be running excessively hot?

4. What fault code is displayed on the genset?

Go to the genset and use the switch on the set itself.
Press 'Stop' 3 times within 5 seconds. The light in the switch will start flashing.
If the light flashes 3 times, pauses for 3 seconds, and flashes 3 more times, press and immediately release 'Stop' one more time.
This will put the controller into Fault Read Mode.
The light will flash (X) number of times, pause for 1 second, and flash for (X) number of times again. Count the flashes before and after the pause.
This will be the Fault Code.
Example: 2 rapid flashes, 1 second pause, 5 rapid flashes is a Fault Code 25.
There may be more than one Fault Code stored, so watch the light very carefully. If there is more than one code, it will display them all in order, and then start over again.

Be very careful not to misread a first level fault code (single digit code) as a second level fault code (double digit code).
The way to tell the difference is by the length of the pauses.
There is a 1 second pause between digits of a second level code, and a 3 second pause between codes.
For example, if it is flashing 2 times, 1 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a second level fault code of 22.
If it is flashing 2 times, 3 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a first level fault code of 2.

What Fault Code are you getting?
.

12

Please scroll up and read my entire post.

Code 12...Wagn tails van doesnt run hot...these are NOT ANSWERS...give me my $29 back IMMEDIATELY
Just give me my refund...if I don't see it first thing in the morning, I will start postimg

No, they are not answers. I don't have enough information to be able to give you an answer yet.

I am not a genie with a crystal ball - I can't just magically know what is wrong without some testing and checking.

I've asked you for the model number 3 times now, and I still don't know for sure what exact model you have.

I can't do my job if you don't supply me the information I need.

I have put you in for a refund.

I understand Hank...Im just an old woman trying to make a living here...amd I don't know how to answer your questions...please give me my refund...thank you