RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Drivers side electric window. motor runs but slips. No but i…

Customer Question
Drivers side electric window...

Drivers side electric window . motor runs but slips

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

No but i can hear the motor running

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to take shot at looking at the problem. i not tried anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 day by:
1/5/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 month ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You will have to remove the door trim paneling to access the window motor as well as the window regulator to see if any issues are found with either of them.In most cases, if the motor runs but slips it can be a worn gear on the motor causing this fault with the motor needing replaced but in some cases I have had to replace the motor and regulator for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician