RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2015 coachmen when we bought it last spring we…

Customer Question
We have a 2015...

We have a 2015 coachmen when we bought it last spring we were told it was a one owner and that they never used it they were going to go full time and decided to wait, it had less then 4000,00 mils on it and we new it was new because there was still pop corn in the vents where the air had never been turmed on the stove and refrigerator had new been used. when we tryed out the main slide it made a little noise like it was hitting something it shouldn't be the sales men said it was probaby because it was new and never used so we bought it about three months later the slide completely went we had it part way out and it would not go in or out my husband finally got it in enough that we took it back to Spokane WA to Clickit Rv where we bought it fron

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

M

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 4000 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sorry hit the wri

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sorry hit the wrong key, when the repair man checked it out the Morter was gone on the left side of the slide so they ordered a new one as they were putting it in they noticed the houseing was damaged when the slide broke so they had to order a new houseing on top of that they new left morter was to strong to work with the right morter so they had to replace the right morter also while they were working on it they noticed the tracking on the right side was put in crooked and they say that is was caused the whole problem almost 3 weeks later we finnaly got it back they told me it would be good for ever and should not have another problem. will we are in Indo Calf. right and it quite again we had a moble repair man come and look at it will the right morter went again and even though we have a very Exspensive Warrinty it was almost 400.00 dollors cheepr to pay him out right then to go through the warrenty we had just payed 675.00 thats 500.00 for the warrenty and 175..00 for shipping and tax when the envetor went out three days prior to the slide if we had known the slide was going to not work we would have put both on the same claim but because it was the next day we would have file a new claim. All RV SERVICE from Indo came back out and fixed it so we could move out of the park we were in and he once again ordered a new morter, after he put the new morter in the slide went in and out ok but, made a noice like it was hitting on somethinghe showed my husband where the tracking is causing he problem he said it needs to go into a shop and have the slide taken apart there is no one around here to do that. the slide is out for now in 2 weeks we will be going to palm Derest for 4 days we will put the slide back in and hope it doesen't brake Freddy said he couldn't garentee it would hold very lonh

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
1/3/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make of your slide hardware? Most of these are Power Gear or Lippert slides. They make several models so knowing which one would help. I think you need to discuss this with the manufacturer here. No reason this should be doing this unless it was damaged or improperly installed. I have an RV shop in Northern California and work on these all the time.

WE are in southern ca[ right now and hate to travel to far with it damaged I belive it is power driven since it has to morter they are elec.
I don't have the money to call we just put another 550.00 in to this we did not have.

Somebody is not doing this job correctly and it should have been fixed correctly the first time. Find out whose slide hardware this is and get back to me and I can give you some phone numbers to try. You shouldn't have to pay for this again!

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic