RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I received a recall notice on my Jayco 145RB 2018 trailer.

Customer Question
Hello I received a...

Hello I received a recall notice on my Jayco 145RB 2018 trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

It is an electrical issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 RV?

Jayco 145 RB

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was told by the dealer to turn on a light and then pull the 30 amp fuse in the front of the trailer if the light went out I would not have the problem I tried it and the light stayed on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

A dome light inside the trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A 12 volt led

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sounds like you need to have the dealer look at this if what they told you did not work. IT would be good to have this looked at as recalls should be taken care of. Sounds like to me there is a wiring issue if the light did not go out, probably the main fuse coming off the battery or for the converter circuit. I would have them take care of the recall for you... Should be no charge to you on this...

Hope this helps some, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

Robert
The fuse is in line with a green wire . Is that green wire ground or neutral?

It also looks like on that recall they do not want you to leave the ceiling lights on for more then one hour until the recall is done.

IF it has an inline fuse then normally it is positive, it is a 12 volt DC system so it would be ground or positive. No neutral only on the AC side.

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic