RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Well I have an outside flood light on and it does not

Customer Question
Well I have an...

Well I have an outside flood light on and it does not operate by the switch I have a remote it does not seem to operate can you tell me how ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The front right side flood light and the light by the fifth wheel hitch it’s a 2011 Montana 3400 RL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have only operated the switch inside the trailer it it does not work did you still work up until a couple days ago .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 2 days by:
1/5/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If it worked up until a couple of days ago and has now since stopped this can be an issue with a blown fuse or a wiring fault or the switch itself.I would check and make sure all fuses are good on all fuse panels.If all fuses are good then you will need to have the switch tested as well as wiring checked from the switch for any issues needing to be repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete