RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2017 40ft hide out camper where is the water tank…

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 40ft hide out camper where is the water tank located

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2017 keystones hide out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

Hideout38fdds 2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I want to see if my bypass is closed off like it should.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My hot water has electric and gas it will not lite on gas the gas come on but the igniter won't come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

I need to know where the tank located on my camper

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
1/3/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO you happen to know the make and model of the water heater??? Normally the bypass valve would be located on the water heater or behind the water heater. That would apply if this is an Atwood or Suburban, you would have an outside access panel and under the panel would be the pressure relief valve and on the bottom a drain plug. IF you go inside opposite of the outside access panel and look in that area that is normally where the valves are located. Many will have a hot, cold and bypass. The hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed or valve handle against the pipe. IF the electrode is not sparking at all there could be a safety tripped as well so please get me the make and model of the water heater and I can help you out more if needed....

Robert