RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a motorhome. Hooked up to shore power(50amp) yesterday…

Customer Question
Have a motorhome....

Have a motorhome. Hooked up to shore power(50amp) yesterday afternoon as usual, everything was working and the control panel said "float charging" for inverter status and "50amp service". Turned on the Convection microwave and a small electric heater was also plugged in to a nearby outlet(had forgotten it was on) and they both worked for about 15 min, then the lights flickered and the microwave, tv, refrigerator all went off. Thought a breaker was tripped, checked and none tripped. Checked all GFIC outlet, ut they will not allow to push in because no power to any of the electrical outlets. The PCS says we are hooked to 50amp service with 118V L1, 120 L2, but L1 says 0 volts, L2 says 9 volts. But it says all is ok. The inverter remote panel now has a red fault light lit and a green flashing chg status button and says dead battery charge(0.4AMPS) and the inverter is not on. The batteries were at 100% when we plugged in and it had been float charging. We tried almost everything and still no power to all of the above. Any ideas? Oh one more thing is that the inverter is not lit up now, the transfer switch and PCS have green lights and the inverter would not reset but I have been told that the inverter should not affect the plugs and a;ppliances when plugged in to shore power. The washer and dryer still work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2013 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43DFT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband checked all of the GFIC outlets but they won't let us press in to reset(I am assuming because they are not getting power). We also verified power is correct at the outside post, used a meter to test power out there(also have an inline surge protector/meter hooked up in addition to the PCS system that is onboard). We also verified no breakers are tripped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NO I think that's all

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
Correction. I meant to say that the PCS screen says L1 118, 0amps and L2 120 volts, 9amps
1/3/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry for the delay, did you check the inverter for a tripped breaker? many times the outlets are run through the inverter so I would check the inverter for a tripped breaker, many will have two small buttons on them or small switches, they will be on the face of the inverter or on the side of it. I would also unplug from power, shut all the breakers inside off, shut the inverter down then plug back in turn the breakers back ON and then turn the inverter on. I would also try the generator and see if that makes any difference at all.

Please let me know if you still need more help...

Robert