RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our vitrifrigo fridge in our caravan has power to it.

Customer Question
Our vitrifrigo fridge in...

Our vitrifrigo fridge in our caravan has power to it. however a party moved the dial from 6 to 7 on the interior and it appears to be defrosting itself? Also the small white button in the middle of the dial does that have any bearing on it? We are currently hooked up to mains power and there appears to be no trip outs

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

I await your reply

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
1/2/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you haven't tried to reset it by disconnecting power from it or pulling the fuse or turning off the breaker for it for about 5 minutes try this and see if this then resets it to work properly from there.In some cases, this will reset it.If this is or was already tried with no success let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete