RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My thor gemini that i recently purchased from general rv in…

Customer Question
My thor gemini that...

My thor gemini that i recently purchased from general rv in jacksonville has a serious problem. i am not able to open the main door into the coach the ford part is fine the main door cannot be opened and i can only get into the coach is over the 2 front seats' is there is a schematic of the door lock portion so i can open it up and find the problem? dennis kemper

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual?

Yes i have but no help

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Gemini?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Gemini yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i tighten the screws on the latch plate but no permanent help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ys

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
1/2/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since this is a 2017 model it would be best to allow the dealer or authorized repair center to look this over to warranty repair it at no cost to you.If you were to tamper with it this can actually void the warranty on the part tampered with.

Since it is a 2017 model, unfortunately, I don't show a schematic or diagram for this model here on the door parts or latch.If you wanted to attempt to tamper with it you would need to obtain the schematics of the door from a dealer in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician