RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a dometic fridge. 2007. model#rm1350. went on

I have a dometic...

I have a dometic fridge. 2007. model#rm1350. went on vacation, come back. its 10 below 0 outside. no heat inside. everything is froze in fridge. display is blinking: eo 27

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Thermostat displays 1 thru 5, don't know about coolant level

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 RV?

It is a 2008 summit ridge 39 foot5th wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Summit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turn things on and off

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Do you have the User's Manual or the Service Manual for this fridge? I can supply one if you don't. First thing it to try and get some heat on inside and open the door and allow it to thaw out. Is that possible?

been doing that and I have a service manualits 55 degrees in trailer now

The "EO" code is showing you that there is no communication between the upper and lower control boards. That extreme cold temp can do this. Once you can thaw it out you can take some steps to warm up the outside area. It won't cool at all with that low ambient temp. You will need to block off some of the venting on the lower panel and add a heat source like an LED bulb back there to add some warmth. It will take some time to thaw the rear as well. Part of the cooling solution inside the cooling unit is water.

I​ can call you as soon as Customer Service clears that with your card carrier. It is probably just a Fraud Alert.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started