RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a RV Comfort.HP thermostat that every time i set it…

Customer Question
I have a RV...

I have a RV Comfort.HP thermostat that every time i set it for 65 degrees or even 66 degrees, I leave and 12 hours later it says that it's set at 72 degrees. Am I doing something wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2016 Crossroads Redwood, 5th wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

The rv is in excellent condition

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '65 RV?

2016 model 38RL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried resetting it numerous times and it keeps returning to 72 degrees

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/1/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

D​o you have the User's Manual for this thermostat?

If not, see the attached link for a copy. Print this out so you have it. See the section on "Set Point" and tell me if this is how you set it or not. http://www.rvtechlibrary.com/heatair/RVP_tstat_install.pdf

Ill try this and let you know, but i its not a multizine unit i dont think

If you only have one A/C it won't be, but the programming is about the same on that part. If you can give me the actual part number off the back of this it would help as they have over a dozen models.

Just checking back in to see if re-programming was successful or not?