RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

2011 itasca Ellipse 42QD Manual says there is a cord to plug…

Customer Question
2011 itasca Ellipse 42QD...

2011 itasca Ellipse 42QD Manual says there is a cord to plug in for the engine block heater. Says its located in the rear cargo compartment on the drivers side (wish they had included a picture) There is only one cargo compartment door (double doors) on the drivers side. The rest house electric, water etc. I cannot find any cord or outlet to plug anything in in the cargo compartment.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

Yes, One up front under the driver and one in the back near the batteries.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cargo?

Its a 2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not really fixing anything, just looking for the engine coolant heater power cord to plug in.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
12/31/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I', Wayne

Happy New Year

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Do you still need help with this ??

Hi

Happy New Year Eve

Thank you for the response

I have not seen it in a compartment, it is always mounted in front bumper,

driver side toward the front, you can look at right side of the engine

and see the plug cord, and trace it

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's rear engine diesel.

Hi Thank you for the response

OK it is a Pusher

look at the inner wall side for the cord toward the bedroom

yes it will be mounted toward the back of the coach

Hi

Just wondering if you are still here ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Giving up. Site touted an itasca expert which obviously you are not as you didn't even know a 2011 Itasca ellipse 42QD was a diesel pusher.

Happy New Year

Have a good free answer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure what you mean by that. Your site is deceptive and spent $5 to sign up and then had to spend more ($27 I think) to see the answer to my question which was not really an answer. More of a guess. Just wanted to find out where the plug really was that the manual talked about from an Itasca expert who would have access to the coach info but unfortunately I was duped into spending money on a promise that did not materialize. Info was time sensitive or I would have waited to talk to someone at Winnebago on Tues. Have a great New Year

Hi

I am a user of Just answer as you

I do not work for them, I am a subcontractor

I answer your questions, if you have more concerns, , Please ask as the button says

. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

this cannot be any plainer

Do you know how many RV is on the ROAD ???

I do not have off the top of my hat what yours is

You should have said It is a Pusher, I do don't know, this Until a look up

not

You say Time sensitive, ?? I answered you in 3 minutes

Happy New Year, have a good Free answer, it will show up on your next question, good luck somebody answering it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I get it but from my perspective my search to find my answer came up on the just answer website that claimed to have a tech able to answer questions on my specific coach which I gave the info about. I was expecting an answer based on that coach. The problem is that they misrepresented their service. I have no doubt that you know rv's very well and can diagnose problems well but I was led to believe that you know my coach model specifically which is not accurate. By time sensitive I am planning to run the coach about 150 miles tomorrow and starting it at around ) degrees in the morning so was wanting to find out about the heating element for the fluids so I did not do damage to the engine when starting. Unfortunately I was not able to get my answer as promised by "just answer".

Hi

Thank you for the reply

we both started out on the wrong foot

I am still willing to help you

did you look on the inboard side of the engine

What engine do you have, Detroit, Cummins Cat

I can send you a Pic of the block heater

Wayne, RV Mechanic