RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1999 Hurricane. The front cap is loose, I can see…

Customer Question
I have a 1999...

I have a 1999 Hurricane. The front cap is loose, I can see the windshield center and the dash moving separately. It moves so much that the windshield has worked its way about one inch outside the right side. how can I fix this, I can't see how ir is attached.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

It has been getting worse for about 5 years

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 RV?

Four Winds 34' Hurricane

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will fix it myself if I can find out how it is attached and reattach it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that is it for now, thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
1/1/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check for any mounts that may have come loose or are broken or damaged needing to be repaired, tightened or replaced.In most cases, it is due to a worn mount or several mounts are worn needing to be replaced.This is usually best done by a repair center with a lift and that an also reinstall the glass for you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I have already checked all of the mounts, they are fine. The fiberglass cap is what is loose and moves independently of the dash. I can't see or find any way the front cap is connected to the chassis.
When going around turns I can see the movement, also on rough roads. The windshield wipers also move up and down with the movement of the front cap with the windshield moving left and right. I would like to see a drawing on how the cap is connected to the dash.

Unfortunately, I don't have the diagrams or drawings on what you're looking for here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete