RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Where is the on off safety switch to the Atwood furnace?

Customer Question
Where is the on...

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2016 Montana 380th

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turning on the thermostat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ma'am

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/31/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you do not see an on/off switch near the thermostat or in the control panel that you use to control the other components in your vehicle then usually the on/off switch is built into the thermostat itself.When you turn the temp all the way down you should feel it click when sliding all the way down which is then usually the off position.Allot of models are set up this way where the click that is felt in the switch for the thermostat when sliding to cold is the off position itself.If you have neither of these here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

It's not on the thermostat. Would it be on the circuit board?

O.k., my info isn't showing where this switch is exactly in your model.Usually, if it is not part of the thermostat itself then it may be on the control panel that you use to control the slides as well as water pump.Do you see it in any of these locations at all?