RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2005 Fleetwood revolution with Weldex mod# wdrv-3007M

Customer Question
2005 Fleetwood revolution with...

2005 Fleetwood revolution with Weldex mod# ***** rearview camera system. after 1 hour of driving monitor shuts off, voltage monitor is below 4vdc. have to tape the generator battery switch to recharge the batteries and monitor will turn back on. is there an inline fuse that supports the coach lites, where would it be located? the 5amp fuse by coach batteries is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

2 panels; 1 in left front wheel well area and 1 under bed with 120vac

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fixing my self and on the road, worried I might loose generator battery charge as a backup system.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
can you provide a wiring diagram of cabin lites and how the generator batteries tie into the voltage monitor, cabin lites and camera?
please forward info to my email or send text. I will be out of the rv until I receive info from you. Thanx in advance!!
earlier this morning, cabin light voltages at the batteries were 0volts after sitting all night with generator battery switch deselected/off. The engine battery and cabin batteries read 0volts but cranked over normally when starting the engine. I immediately checked cabin voltages and they were charging to 6volts and 12volts in series or normal. the voltage monitor is float charging and inverting at 13.6v/12A with no fault codes. My question is.. can I drive the vehicle utilizing generator battery (switch-tapped) safely? until I get back to Chattanooga tn, currently in Myrtle beach sc.
OH.. the 3 inline 12v fuses on the 4ga house battery cables all read 13.6vdc on both sides while engine Is running, but read 0vdc this moring (overnight) with engine off. the mini fuse is a blue 15amp fuse with 13.6 on both sides with engine running. seems like the cabin/house batteries are not charging when RV is driving down the street until I tape the generator battery switch/ enabling it.
12/31/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately, I don't show a diagram on this model myself for this here.If you have to tape the switch to make it work this may be an issue with the switch itself needing to be replaced.If this has not been checked/tested at all this needs to be done to see if it needs to be replaced for sure.If this was already checked or is not the issue let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

the generator battery switch is doing its job as a back up system with the switch taped/enabled.

O.k., unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Need to know what circuit charges the house batteries while driving on the road. Is there a wire diagram for it? Thanx in advance
In reference to your "If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle" , I prefer to not continue with your diagnosis and answers. I need a qualified Fleetwood technician who has access to and knows electrical circuits! Do not charge me for any further diagnosis from justanswers.com!
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician