RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The cold trainy fluid level in my 2000 Fleetwood Bounder…

Customer Question
The cold trainy...

The cold trainy fluid level in my 2000 Fleetwood Bounder shows up on the

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?

On my 2000 Fleetwood Bounder the "cold" trainy fluid shows up in the cold and hot range on the dipstick, however when I let the engine run for approx. 30-35 min. and shift thru the gears a few times I can't see a fluid level (in the "high" range on the dipstick.--What's happening?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just purchased the r.v. a few months and haven't driven it yet; however before I drive it I want to be absolutely sure it has the right amount of fluid in the trainy. The motorhome seems to run just fine the one time that I drove it home from the dealer. Just don't know why the fluid isn't showing up in the "hot" range after letting the engine run for 30-35 min. and after shifting the the gears a few times.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
12/30/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Happy New Year

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

the reason for that is the torque converter drains down a bit

after you start is warm it up the valve body pick up the fluid

check it with the engine operating temp, level ground

it may be a bit low

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wayne, RV Mechanic