RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I cant get my heat to work it did for a few hours and ten…

Customer Question
I cant get my...

I cant get my heat to work it did for a few hours and ten stopped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Damon magmun year? I can go look. Just got it and I don't have a maneul.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

One sec

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to. lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Husband passed, moved into rv. I am lost.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/29/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this the interior propane heater that is not working?

Is the propane stove working?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Stove is working

Do you hear the heater fan turn on and any clicking from it at all?

My son is coming here. Can I call you in a few so he can speak with you?
fan is also working.

Sure just let me know when your ready and we should be able to do the call.You would have to request the call or I can offer the premium service for the call.Or we can continue here.You may have a faulty ignitor or control board for the heater.I have seen these fail before needing replaced and can be common.

Let me know when your ready.Thanks Pete.

the heater worked for a few hours then duringthe night shut off. fan works propane full.
when he gets here I will request the call or come back to chat. I will send payment after he gets more information, ok?

Sounds good.Let me know when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?