RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Windshield wiper, AC and backup camera all lost power. Fuses…

Customer Question
Windshield wiper, AC and...

Windshield wiper, AC and backup camera all lost power. Fuses are good Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2005 Tiffin Alegro Phaeton 35DH

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Phaeton yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tested all fuses. Looking for a mechanic

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
12/29/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So it sounds to me that there is a problem in the wiring harness to the components that are not working IF you have voltage on all the ignition fuses. Normally what you could do is turn the ignition key ON and probe all the ignition fuses, some fuses should only be hot when the ignition switch is turned on and I believe the three items not working for you are going to be on that ignition circuit. A test light will tell you if power is present, looking at the fuse will not tell you if power is at the fuse block.

IF you do in fact have power then I would try and find the harness going into the dash and check for any loose connectors, sometimes they will bundle a bunch of wires and use block connectors that plug together, they can be just about anywhere from the fuse box to the interior dash area. I might IF I was in your position call Tiffin Tech support and see if they can supply you a wiring diagram as it will make it easier to trace the circuits into the dash area, I do not have any diagrams or I would give them to you, Tiffin is pretty good about supplying prints to customers. The back up camera may actually have another in-line fuse and that is normally located 18" from the back of the monitor, I doubt it would prevent the AC and windshield wipers from working, to me it sounds like the problem is between the fuse box and the dash area.

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a STAR rating on the page....

Robert

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic