RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My fridge reads lo ac, but my batteries read full at 12.6. I…

Customer Question
Hello. My fridge reads...

Hello. My fridge reads lo ac, but my batteries read full at 12.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

I also have an inverted that I am wondering if I am supposed to have on when off the grid?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 RV?

Inverter*

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jayco Precept 35s

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just that this is my first time camping without a hookup/electric lol

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
12/28/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok. What else can I help you with.

"LO A/C" is the AC and not the battery voltage. I can be from the inverter if you aren't plugged into shore power OR voltage from the pedestal is too low. What is the make and model of the fridge?

Norcold 1210IM

S​ee the attached link for a copy of that Norcold Service Manual. Print that out so you have it. Do you have a small digital multimeter? That would allow us to easily track down the source of the problem. About $20 or so at most hardware store and easy to use. I can direct you in the testing. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold1210.pdf

Just checking back in to see if you had a meter so we can do some testing and find the problem?