RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My hot water lines are frozen. The east side is where my…

Customer Question
My hot water lines...

My hot water lines are frozen. The east side is where my toilet is and cold water is running. But, in the kit*****, *****t side there is no running water. I have had my tank heater on and keeping the rv at about 75 and using a space heater at night. I also kept the cold water running last night. Where do I need to focus to unfreeze the lines on west side??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Coolant level? No leakage and do have a heated hose at water connection.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Space?

I have a 2018 Jayco Red Hawk. 26ft motorhome

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Space yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing my space???

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
12/28/2017
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Turn the water supply off and try draining some of the hot water from the tank. Open the faucet that is not running then turn the water supply back on, that may pulse the blockage on through. If you enclose a space heater under the sink does that help? If you turn the furnace up higher with the sink valves open, this get them to dripping? Try a space heater in the crawl space.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic