RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2010 Cougar 26BHSWE. The 12VDC circuit suddenly…

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Cougar 26BHSWE. The 12VDC circuit suddenly stopped working. Inside lights, fridge, AC and heater do not work. All AC circuits inside and out are working. I have checked the battery (good) and all fuses (good). Battery is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No it's clean and has been on a trickle charger. I have the troubleshooting guide that came with the converter. I am supposed to get 13.6 Vdc with red on VCC and black on NEG. my reading is 225.3???

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

We were supposed to take a trip in it today. It was used the four previous day by my daughter and her family with no issues at all. Yes, I would like to fix it and leave. I have checked voltage at he battery (12.24Vdc) and at the two terminals just down line from the battery and they show 12+Vdc in and out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The electrical system seemed fine last night when I picker it up to bring it home from my daughter's house. When I got home, nothing inside had power. All AC circuits work fine inside and out.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
12/27/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

S​orry for the delay in someone getting to your question! Our site has been down much of the day and just came back online again. What is the make and model of your load center where all the fuses and breakers are located? Most would be either WFCO or Magnetek units. With your meter we can do some testing here and track down the problem. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Sorry if you tried to respond and couldn't! The site was down almost all day yesterday. Please get back to me if you need additional input from me here. Thanks!

I figured it out - it was a bad 50amp breaker In line with the battery.

That would do it and is a common problem. That is what we would have tested for using the meter. Thanks for getting back to me and please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Be safe!

I don’t think I should be charged for your service since your site was down and you were unable to provide advice. Please refund the $32.

I will submit this for you.........

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification