RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

It's 3 degrees outside and the water pipes froze. The

Customer Question
It's 3 degrees outside...

It's 3 degrees outside and the water pipes froze. The outside water line is heated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2017 high country 310re

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Hair dryer on the pipes and heat higher in trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Water lines are frozen and the water isn't flowing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/27/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

S​orry for the delay in someone getting to your question! I don't think we have a whole lot of techs up at that hour of the night and it is just after 5 a.m. here in California. Is this waterline covered with pipe insulation of some kind in addition to the heat tape? At those low temps just a heat tape alone won't usually keep it from freezing. Once you get it thawed out you want to keep the water flowing some in one or more of the taps inside AND get some lights on down in the basement area to add some heat there. I would start by being sure that the water hose feed isn't frozen up and we can move from there. I will make you a phone chat offer as well. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

I fixed the problem before you responded. Thanks

Thanks for letting me know. Be safe..........

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic