RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2017 Airstream Interstate. Parked in storage....went to move…

Customer Question
2017 Airstream Interstate....

2017 Airstream Interstate. Parked in storage....went to move it today. My fault, step was out. No response when trying to get in w/key fob. How to get in with manual key in driver door? No response with handle when using manual key either.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No.....but why would fob battery matter if using the key and turning it? Door should open.....yes?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

Interstate

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing anything. Trying to get into it. Obviously, batteries dead, so fob did not work.....cannot understand why manual key into driver door does not open door.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Step for door was out, so obviously that drained the battery.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/26/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Does the manual key turn all the way or properly in the door lock cylinder?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?