RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2003 38pst Monaco diplomat wit 40,000 miles on it.

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 38pst Monaco diplomat wit 40,000 miles on it. Like new condition.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Diplomat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well heres my question, when I back up my reverse warning beeper works as it should, however when I put it in drive it continues to beep for about 10 minutes then for no reason stops. Very annoying as it is super loud.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
12/27/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like you have a failing back up switch or sensor sending a false signal keeping the alarm going like you see here.You will have to have this tested/checked to help to locate which component is at fault needing replaced but this does sound like a fault with a failing sensor/switch needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I responded yesterday. Apparently you didn't get the message. Your advice to take it somewhere to have it checked out is not why I paid $25. That's no help. What would be helpful is for you to tell me where that buzzer is under the dash so I can disable it. I do not need the backup sensor.

We had some web site issues the last couple of days so we have been unable to respond or see responses.I apologize for that.I will open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can help further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

What chassis is your RV on?

If you get a helper and duplicate this, do the reverse lights stay on when you are no longer in reverse with the warning still going off?

The chassis is the R series Roadmaster.
The lights do not stay on when I shift from Reverse to Drive.
The Buzzer continues to beep in Drive for about 15 minutes then it goes off (when driving).I do not need this backup buzzer, I would be happy to disable it by cutting the wire, if I knew where the buzzer is. I know its under the driver dash but it is so loud I can't distinguish where. I would also pull the fuse to disable it but the fuse box schematic does not specify the buzzer which probably means there are other devices that fuse runs.
Like I say if you can tell me the exact location of the buzzer I will just disable it.

Sorry, I do not have diagrams on that chassis, I will opt out.