RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2008 wildwood, DometicR2652 defer. NO POWER TO CONTROL

Customer Question
Good morning Pearl Mechanic's...

Good morning Pearl

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2008 wildwood , DometicR2652 defer. NO POWER TO CONTROL BUTTONS. 120 volts at board, both glass fuses good. Brown and white,number 12wires headed to on/off switch have power, but on/off button DOES NOTlight up

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consitant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 RV?

Wildwood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Self, tried tracking power up to on/off switch. 120 power to and from board

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, one recall repair in 2011. Also, how do I get actual wiring schematics that match my model # Rm2652

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
12/26/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The fridge needs DC power to turn on and work, you should have a terminal block on the back of the fridge where the DC supply wires get screwed down. Did you take a DC voltage reading at that point? I can get you a service manual with wiring diagrams, I am just not sure where you checked the DC voltage, at the board outside or the inside display?

Thanks, Robert

Click HERE for a service manual and follow the troubleshooting on page 4. This will have diagrams for you as well. IF you have DC voltage at the fuse on the board and the fridge is not turning on I suspect the upper display or circuit board is the problem and the service manual will help you to determine which one is at fault. On some of these units they also have thermal cutoff on the flue canister, it is a small disc about the size of a quarter and in the center is a tiny button, want to make sure that is not tripped, IF you see that thermal cutoff gently push in on the tiny button, when that trips it cuts power to the fridge.

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns, follow ups are included, I respond WHEN I can.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Have a Safe and Happy Holidays.... Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert