RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Randall' My atwood 8531 furnace blower kicks on and I hear…

Customer Question
Hello Randall' Mechanic's Assistant:...

Hello Randall'

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

My atwood 8531 furnace blower kicks on and I hear clicking which I assume is the igniter but the burner does not light

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Airstream International 28 ft. 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 RV?

Airstream International

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried toggling the reset switch, but still no warm air

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This problem started after I switched to a full propane tank but I am getting the stove burns to light

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Is anyone there?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​wo things are the usual cause of this. One is that the LP working pressure is too low due to the regulator being out of adjustment or the LP volume in the tank being below 1/3 full and the ambient temps very low. The other is that the control board is not working properly. Most of those models have an outside access so that the board can be taken out easily and tested. It can be several other things like the DC voltage being too low or a bad sail switch or connection. Do the easy ones first. See the attached link to the Atwood Furnace Service Manual and print that out so you have it. Most of this is covered and more. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me in the morning if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification