RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The slide will not retract, it does not make noise when the…

Customer Question
The slide will not...

The slide will not retract, it does not make noise when the button is pushed so it seems the electric motors are not working. But the fuse is good battery full

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I am camping and do not have a voltmeter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2016 sunseeker 25 ft

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

There is no one else here, I have checked for ice on slides, clear, checked fuse good, replaced anyway. Checked main fuse, checked battery. I would manually crank in if I knew where the manual crank was located

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 2 days by:
12/27/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Try to reset it by disconnecting the batteries for several minutes to see if it then resets and operates from there.If this is done or was done and did not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?