RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The electric isn’t working and are trying to find tool to…

Customer Question
The electric jack isn’t...

The electric jack isn’t working and are trying to find tool to manually lower jack any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2014 airstream

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 RV?

International

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

23d

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Levelrite ultra heavy duty 3000 electric jack

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
12/24/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Most electric jacks have an access on top to allow the use of a socket or special wrench to manually operate them. On some models the level snaps out of the pocket to get to that or a rubber plug is up there. Take a look and see if that is how yours works. Please get back to me if you need more or want to trouble shoot your jack. Check and see if the inline fuse is blown. That is the most common problem with these. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.l

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago

That jack is made by Barker and the level comes out to access the manual screw. It should have come with a special wrench. See the attached link for a copy of the User's Instructions and the use of the manual wrench. https://www.barkermfg.com/uploads/5/4/9/4/54943161/vip_3000_all_pages.pdf

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!