RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a winnebago 2001, It has set for some time and what…

Customer Question
I have a winnebago...

I have a winnebago 2001, It has set for some time and what to finish getting it repaired. I can not get any power to dash board and was wondering if it has a power switch some place in the motorhome

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

I just tried to start it today

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 RV?

Adventure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, charging the batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The main switch to the motor home works, except no power to iginition

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
12/22/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO I am not seeing a switch like you have for the house batteries, I do see you have two solenoids and almost wonder if the other solenoid is an ignition solenoid, it would get a signal from the ignition switch. SO locate both solenoids, if you hit the house disconnect you should hear that solenoid click each time, go to the solenoid that is next to it and you will see two LARGE posts on it, Check for voltage on each LARGE post, if you have power on one side and not the other get a small insulated wire and jump the posts and see if your dash power comes to life, if so then you could have a bad solenoid, if nothing happens and you have no voltage on BOTH posts trace the cable back to the battery and make sure you do not have a tripped breaker on that cable.....

Let me know if you have more questions or concerns follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Have a Safe and Happy Holidays... Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic