RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

32 door surf side Rv 2008. Generator on but no power to ac,

Customer Question
32 door surf side...

32 door surf side Rv 2008. Generator on but no power to ac, tv, plugs etc

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No. It’s not working at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 rv?

Surf side

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuse panel. Tripped breakers all inside panel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Turned generator off and restarted

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 3 days by:
12/26/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry for the delay I see not other experts have responded and seeing if you still need help?

IF you have NO AC power and the generator is running I would check the breakers on the generator, all generators will have some breakers on them. Some you have to remove a side panel on the generator to get at the breaker. IF you could not find the breaker please respond back with the model.

Beyond that you could have an Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) it detects the incoming power source (shore or gen) and switches back and forth between them. Sometimes the relay can fail in the ATS and when that happens you will get no AC power on one source. To test you would want to check for AC voltage going into the ATS and voltage out, if you have voltage in and nothing out then it has failed.

Please let me know if you need more help on this..... Sorry for the delay.....

Robert