RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Stacking beds in my toy hauler wont go up or down. 2010

Customer Question
Stacking beds in my...

Stacking beds in my toy hauler wont go up or down

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2010 carson rebel 17"

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 RV?

The model is "Rebel". did you need the model number too? I can go check that off the trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. I checked to see if power was going to the motor. It is. Clicks when I hit the switch. just does not move. The beds were down and I manually raised it. I did not make a difference with it physically moved. touched the limit switches to make sure they were not stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

The click I mentioned was in the area of the motor/relay panel above the bed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yeah, my heater stopped working at the same time. Thermostat not responsive. Did not do as much research into that issue as the bed just purchased the trailer and previous owner (friend) had checked it about a month prior making sure everything worked prior to sale

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 4 days by:
12/27/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Double check and make sure all fuses and circuit breakers are o.k. in all locations just to make sure this isn't the cause here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. and you have power to the motor itself and it clicks this can indicate a fault with the motor needs replaced.You would need to have this tested further to see if this is the cause here as well as to see if there is an actual heater fault or if this is also tied into the bed issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete