RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Norcold 611 has the flashing light and is in safety lock…

Customer Question
My Norcold 611 has...

My Norcold 611 has the flashing green light and is in safety lock mode - cannot reset with jumper - does not respond - no sign of leakage due to rupture internally

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Its the green light for AC mode blinks 5times then holds then blinks 5 times again, repeats

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Jayco 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fridge was fine - shut it down moved the trailer to wash it and then re parked it - fridge wouldn't come back on with this problem ever since

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I;ve checked the board at the back and the one on the front - both seem fine. Not sure why it won't reset

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
12/20/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this the on or gas light flashing or a different light flashing on this model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

It's the ON green light for AC mode not Gas mode, although the lockout is covering all modes, in short the fridge will not kick on and the green light continues blinking an repeating the cycle.
are you there...?
OK - what's going on here...?

I apologize for the delay.Looking over the info now.

Is there a pattern to the flashing at all like flashes three times every three seconds etc.?