RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an 04 Itasca Meridian RV with pantry slide issues.

Customer Question
Need to remove pantry but...
I have an 04 Itasca Meridian RV with pantry slide issues. Need to remove pantry but top slide is stuck.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
12/21/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the slide tracks and guides for any issues.If any issues are found with the track or guides this needs to be repaired to correct this issue here.In some cases, the slide may need to be removed to then access the tracks to locate the fault.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Thank you Pete. I have inspected the slides and have attempted to remove the entire pantry by releasing the catches on both slides. The bottom released appears to work fine but the top slide appears to be crimped to prevent the attached slide (Moveable inner part that is attached to the pantry board.) from being removed. I am almost tempted to take Dremel tool to destroy the crimps in order to release the slide and remove the pantry. That is why I contacted Just Answer. I have been somewhat disappointed in the caliber of responses received from RV technicians. Maybe I am just expecting too much.
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago

You're welcome

I apologize for the delay as I was offline for the last couple days.Unfortunately, this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you would like I can open your question up to others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is what you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

if you don’t mindi would like to know how to remove/replace the top slide. Hopefully it won’t be quite so long for another response.
Thank you. ***** don’t hear from you again, have a Merry Christmas.

No problem, have a Merry Christmas as well.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete