RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an inter Tek (suburban) IW60 tankless water heater…

I have an inter Tek...
I have an inter Tek (suburban) IW60 tankless water heater showing no signs of life. Do you have a manual or troubleshooting guide?
12/20/2017
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Click HERE for a service manual and see page 6 if nothing is happening at all you want to make sure you have good DC voltage at the unit and that the ECO is not tripped. When you troubleshoot these it is a process of elimination the manual should help some narrowing down the problem.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Have a safe and Happy Holidays.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

Thanks. Troubleshooting guide says not to dis-connect white wires (Thermostat I think). I don't have the control panel so I was crossing the two white wires thinking they we're like thermostat wires on a furnace. Should these wires be disconnected for testing?

IF you are talking about the optional on demand control center I do not think it would matter, they probably wired it for one look at the wiring diagram, I am not sure they would be tied together or capped off.....

Robert

Except I wonder how you would turn it off from the control center if it did not get a signal from the Control Center?

IF you are talking about the white wires at the 6 pin where the power and ground are coming in I would ohm out the white ones to see if you have continuity. To me it looks like a loop and the unit is controlled with the switch not the control center. The diagram really does not show where power is going after the 6 pin, I would think voltage is passed to the 22 pin and then to the red wire going through the resets back to the board and then back out again....

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic