RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Furnace starts then goes off within seconds. Checked propane…

Customer Question
Hi, i'm Rob,...

Hi, i'm Rob, furnace starts then goes off within seconds. Checked propane flow by turning on all three stove burners then turned on the furnace. Once ignition started in the furnace there was no noticable change in the stove burner flame when on high. Propane flow ok I presume.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

It's a travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2004 holiday rambler presidential model 34 feet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. just done what I mentioned above. Next I thought to check flame sensor connections and to clean the sensor it self if dirty.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

???? It's too dark now to check the flame sensor

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
12/20/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the furnace?

Robert