RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I winded up my jayco swan and I think one of the cables

Customer Question
I winded up my...

I winded up my jayco swan and I think one of the cables snapped when the roof was nearly up. we are leaving on holidays this Thursday so I would like to have it repaired

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Jayco Swan, year about 1995 -1998

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '95 RV?

I would not know.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything, i had to go off to work. I only supported the roof on the broken end with a post

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, the only thing if it can be repaired before i leave :)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​ suspect that due to the time of the year and how busy many shops and mobile techs are right now this might be difficult. Even getting the parts in the next day or two would be a challenge unless they happen to have some on hand. Have you checked to see if a local mobile tech might be able to assist you?