RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1999 rexhaul airbus slides will not work power from switch…

Customer Question
1999 rexhaul airbus...

1999 rexhaul airbus slides will not work power from switch not reaching silonoid, if I us a jumper wire from switch to silinoid it will work

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

1999 rexhaul aerbus

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 RV?

I don't know but it is 36 ft w/2 slides

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, new pump motor an silinoid, also jacks also will not work, there must be a control somewhere that quit working between switches and silinoid all fuses are good but nothing hydraulic works

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Do not have one

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
12/19/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Who is the manufacturer of the leveling system? IS this HWH to me it sounds like possibly the parking brake circuit if both the jacks and rooms are not working but HWH does use a control box with many fuses in it. Most all slides and rooms use a grounding circuit for the slides and rooms and you might have a sensor or switch in the circuit that is faulty. IF this is HWH I should be able to send you a service manual...

Robert

it is an HWH system, I do have a ground at the brake switch [tested]

OK

Good, then the problem might be inside the control box, do you have the service manual for HWH? Have you found the control box for the HWH?

Robert

I don't know where the sensor is, that is why I need the wiring diagram

I do not have any wiring diagrams for the coach side, however I should be able to get you some wiring diagrams for the HWH side which also has step by step troubleshooting. DO you know what series system you have for the HWH? IF not I can try to figure that out, HWH has several different set ups. How many rooms do you have?

Robert

I have 2 rooms, I have not found the control box not sure where to look [ not sure what it looks like]

OK

So what I am going to do is send you some links shortly. Look at the control pad for the leveling in the manual make sure it is exact, if it is not exact let me know what yours has or does not have. I am thinking during this time frame you have a control box about the size of a shoe box and the fuses are on the outside of the box it will be silver. IF that is the case then allot of times it is inside in the dash area or under the control pad in the dash. IF you have a lower cabinet on the p/s side of the dash on the floor that you can remove it could be in that location. Let's start with getting zeroed in on the right system as that will really help you out, have to troubleshoot the leveling and many times you will find the problem for the sliderooms. Give me a few mins..

Robert

Click HERE and have a look to see if that looks like your control pad EXACTLY, this is the one I think you might have from the time frame of the RV. On the very first page of the troubleshooting you can see the control box it has 6 fuses on it and three plugs....

Robert

I have the one with 3 levers on the floor

SO it looks like a joystick?

Robert

Ugh... OK I know the one you are talking about, not the one I was thinking of, let me get that info, I think that one is set up differently.

Robert

Click HERE I still think the problem is with the park brake circuit, this might help you out. It looks like for the jacks you have a blue wire labeled 9000 that goes to the park brake switch, if you can find that wire you could try grounding it and seeing if the jacks work. Normally the park brake sensor or switch will be outside and can be in a forward storage compartment and sometimes there will be three sensors that look like the same and one of them is for the parking brake circuit.

Robert

OK, I will have to go check this again, the unit is about 10 miles from my computer, so it will be awhile, thanks Joe

No problem at all, let me know if you need more help.... I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, you can still follow up as needed.

Robert

OK, I looked inside every compartment inside and outside, I got under it and looked, found no box, nothing under the dash, checked and brake switch is grounding[ wire has ground] got model # XL3550BSL

I am not sure you are going to have a control box with the joystick controls as if you look at the wiring the parking brake wire is on it's own. There has to be a junction where the 9000 wire meets with the slide-room but without any coach prints it would be impossible for me to say where that is. Click HERE for a service manual which includes the slideroom. I would look the information over and the wiring diagrams to see if you can start chasing wires down. The manuals should help....

IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert