RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our '06 RV has a Dometic model RM2652 cuft in it. The latest…

Customer Question
Our '06 RV has...

Our '06 RV has a Dometic model RM2652 cuft reefer in it. The latest Camping World catalog shows a 7 cuft unit #34424. Is this a direct replacement? There is a panel above the reefer that can be removed to fit the new longer unit. I measure 54 3/8 inches top to bottom of the current unit.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fit?

I said it is an 'o6 Cougar 268.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Reefer will not stay on for longer than a few hours. We want to replace the old one with a new model. CW catalog says the 7 cuft model for $1249 is supposed to replace the 6 cuft RM 2652. I will probably do the work myself sometime in the spring before we take the RV out to the mountains for the summer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The current model will not stay lit. Everytime we leave it for a few days, we find that the flame has gone out and if there is food inside, it is warmed up. We have rebuilt the heater tube with new parts last season and it still goes out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The automatic function does not work to restart the reefer when we are not there. We have to switch everything off, then restart. Usually I have to go open the panel and make sure the burner lights. No longer reliable on automatic.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Since the web page does not work like I expect it to, I would rather talk to a technician. IF I do not get to talk with someone, I want my money back.
Is anybody there? I am still waiting for someone to reply
Again RM 2652 is current 6 cuft reefer. We want to replace it with the new one Dometic (34424 on the Camping World catalog). This is a 7 cuft replacement. My question is "is this a direct replacement"? Will it fit in the hole that we remove the current reefer from?
12/18/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

It doesn't sound like the current problem is serious and probably not that expensive to repair. At the very least you might want to fix that so you have a used fridge to sell and use that money to offset the cost of the new one. What is the actual model number of the one you are considering? I have no way of knowing what any Camping World number might be here. Get back to me with this and I can give you the procedure in replacing yours or upgrading to a larger model. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Finally after 30 plus minutes of waiting someone (you) answered. If you read all of the notes above you should have the gist of the question-will the 7 cuft reefer now available fit in the space that holds the 6 cuft RM2652? The Camping World ad does not give the model number, just the catalog number which is #34424. Height of new one is 53 3/4 and old one is 54 3/8. I assume the new one fits in the hole without any modifications. I will do the work myself if this is the case.
We have spent too much time and money trying to fix the old one to keep on with it.I think I have answered my question without any aid from you. It was not worth $5 but keep the money and go visit someone who is not as smart as you. If I can answer my own question without you, I think we are done.

No problem. This format works well for most people, but not all. Maybe just take it into a shop and have them do this for you. Just ask for a refund and it will be given gladly. Have a nice day........

Please refund my $5. You spent more than 30 minutes before you answered and your answer was not helpful. I will avoid JUST ANSWER service in the future.