RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My 2007 Allegero bus entry step will not open? it worked…

Customer Question
Hi my 2007 Allegero...

Hi my 2007 Allegero bus entry step will not open? it worked before we left on this trip

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2007 Allegro Bus Tiffin

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 RV?

Allegro Bus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are far away from any town. nothing outside of trying to open and close the door turung the key on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

The ignition key?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The step light underneath the coach is on so I'm assuming there is power to the step

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
12/18/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the step motor itself.I have seen the step motor fail or act up in the past before causing this issue here with it needing replaced.The wiring and connection need to be checked to the step motor itself to make sure it is all o.k.If found to be o.k. then the signals need to be tested to the motor to make sure they are present with the door open and if found to be o.k. the motor will need to be replaced.It can fail suddenly like you see here, unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician